Saturday, August 4, 2012

Delicate Nature

Ever since I was given my first camera in high school I have always been trying to capture the world as I saw it. The world is indeed a beautiful place when viewed at the right angle.

Flowers are fantastic subjects to photograph due to their inability to move and vibrant colors. Here is a small collection of some of my favorite flower shots.


While walking though Tower Hill botanical gardens they had these strange and bizarre flowers. They kind of reminded me of a Doctor Seuss story


One of my favorite parts of shooting flowers is that they look fantastic with a short depth of field. The next picture is of a flower that was having a rough time with the lack of water in this dry summer. So without making a close up shot I was able to capture the vibrant purples and accent the framing with the orange irises.


Though the next photo contains no flowers I feel that it is still an excellent capturing of nature. My favorite aspect of this shot is the angles created by the fallen logs. It creates a visual path that draws the viewer into the woods.


I hope you enjoyed viewing these photos as much as I had taking them.

2 comments:

  1. If you make another trip to Tower Hill different perennials will be in bloom. These are nice, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first picture is actually from my dad's yard and the third is my yard. We are planning another trip sometime soon.

    ReplyDelete