Monday, September 17, 2012

Good Food With Good People

Many years ago when I graduated high school my father asked what I wanted for a party. My answer was simple, pulled pork! What came about was a fantastic barbeque that turned into the talk of the family. Since then the annual Bartsch barbeque has exploded into a massive gathering of family and friends that is the talk of the town.

So let me introduce you to the master chef (a.k.a Dad) ...

his lovely wife (a.k.a Mom)...


and the many people who show up for good conversation and great food.



Growing up in the back yard I fondly remember being able to run circles, play baseball, and hours of mowing. But once a year the yard is filled with the sound of children laughing and memories being relived as new ones are forged.



 

It really is great to see entire new generations enjoying the swing set that I watched my dad build and play on the giant tube that once entertained me and my sisters for hours.






No visit home would be complete without a walk down memory lane. For my friends and I that happens to be the road to Salisbury Beach.





As a photographer it is sometimes difficult to take pictures of yourself. With the lovely invention of the articulating viewing screen on the DSLR I am able to give myself a decent chance of framing a decent pic.


Until next time, enjoy yourselves, eat well, and take pictures!

Since my graduation from high school my father has truly perfected the art of pulled pork and I would argue that it is some of the best around! Feel free to share your own favorite family made dish and make my mouth water.

No comments:

Post a Comment